Beautiful monument from 1642 with great view over the water of the Oudeschans. Total living area of approx. 323 m², divided into a front and back house with high ceilings, many style features, a patio and a lovely garden. A characteristic family home with lots of light on every floor. Freehold property. Super location in the Nieuwmarkt / Lastagebuurt near the Montelbaanstoren. A special place in Amsterdam.
In the nineties the house was renovated with great respect for the monument, which has resulted in a house where the authentic features have been restored and preserved in a beautiful way. At that time, among other things, foundation repair took place, the façade was largely rebuilt and the floor beams were straightened where necessary.
- The entrance is in the souterrain. A beautiful bright room running under the front and back house, which now serves as a reception hall with seating. The entire basement has underfloor heating. There is a large number of custom-made cupboards and a cloakroom. Furthermore, on this floor a workspace with workbench, a toilet, a washing machine room and a room with a slightly lower ceiling with cupboards, central heating system and refrigerators.
-On the former beletage (now ground floor) is located at the canal side the living room with beautiful views over the water and lots of light through the windows to the ceiling at the front with a height of 5 meter and behind an original hanging room. There is a cosy fireplace. Through the void there is a view of the upper (hanging) room.
At the rear of the living room is the beautiful patio, which is also accessible from here. At this patio is also the back house with cozy kitchen with modern appliances. From the kitchen, the nicely arranged backyard is accessible, a nice place to drink and eat.
- In the front house, there is a room on the first floor that is in open connection with the living room on the ground floor. This room can serve well as an extra living room or work or play area. From here there is also the beautiful view of the canal.
-The second floor has a large bedroom at the front, a hallway that is furnished as a walk in closet, a separate toilet and a large bathroom with bathtub, shower, double sink and towel radiator. This bathroom has floor heating.
-On the third floor are two bedrooms, a separate toilet and a bathroom with bathtub and sink. This bathroom also has underfloor heating.
-On the fourth floor is one large room. The current residents use it as a gym.
-In the back house, on the first floor, directly above the kitchen, there is a beautiful bright room with a (second) fireplace and on one side a view of the patio and on the other side a view of the garden.
-The second floor has a spacious room and a bathroom with shower, toilet and sink.
-The house has beautiful wooden floors for the most part.
-The light on each floor is fantastic because of the amount of windows, but also because of the spacious patio between the front and back house.
Centrally located in the historic city centre with beautiful views over the water of the Oudeschans. The Kalkmarkt is part of the district Nieuwmarkt/Lastage. Within walking distance you will find all facilities for a pleasant life: the cozy Nieuwmarkt and surroundings with numerous restaurants and terraces, the green Plantagebuurt, the watery Oosterdokseiland, the OBA, the Muziekgebouw and the Stopera. At 200 meters away is a large well-maintained and by the neighborhood managed children's playground. (Playground De Waag). All within easy walking and cycling distance. The accessibility of the Kalkmarkt is excellent by public transport and car. Central Station and metro station Nieuwmarkt are within ten minutes walking distance. The A-10 ring road is easily accessible through the IJ-tunnel and soon also through the Piet Hein tunnel. For on-street parking, a parking permit can be applied for, which also entitles to park in the residents' section of the large Oosterdok parking garage (5 minutes on foot). There is a waitinglist to obtain a parking permit.
- Well maintained National Monument.
- Nice city garden of approx. 21 m2.
- Beautiful style features.
- Private land.
- Living area.approx 323 m².
- Equipped with central heating system and air conditioning system.